Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Reow reds.







My latest obsession, shades of red teamed with a little animal print. Yep red is a statement colour, there's nothing quiet about it. But add a little leopard or cheetah and I think the potential eye sore becomes a styled edgy outfit. Bright jeans are popping up everywhere, they perk up the wardrobe and can be very easily styled to get in on the colour blocking trend. I found these maroon jeans on Bridge road for $25 by the brand Maxim. Who might I say, are becoming a label to watch out for, on trend, fast fashion and dam cheap. Minkpink have also done a cute trio of bright jeans which should def be checked out online at Market HQ. Another fav red shade in my closet is my vintage maroon blazer. Quite in love with this find from a Goodwill in Adelaide. Its tailored, beautiful fabric and was $10. A mazing.

Animal print is a great styling tool but use with caution to avoid looking like the blinged up bingo lady. Being a loud look it needs be worn with softer and simple items.  I am a firm believer in only using one print or pattern per outfit. Animal print can be can be found anywhere and everywhere. My scarf was a vintage market find at $10 and the dress was from Cotton On for $29. Remember its not the label which defines whether is trendy or trash...It's YOU!! 

Photography: Erin Reinboth

No comments:

Post a Comment